CEAMO web page
CEAMO: Center for African and Middle
From their web site:
|CEAMO is a scientific, autonomous, non-governmental association. Its
creation in 1979 responded both to the impact of African and Arab traits in Cuban culture
as well as to the evolution of Cuban relations with Africa and the Middle East since 1959.
It gathers a multi-disciplinary staff of researcher and collaborators who undertake
studies with different approaches to social sciences, particularly history, sociology,
politics, international relations and economy. Its research results reach Cuban and
foreign specialized institutions and the public in general through its publications and
the academic performance of its members.
- To expand the study of African and the Middle East and the impact of their cultures in
our country, as well as Cuban policy towards those regions.
- To establish working groups including collaborators and researchers interested on those
- To enlarge the scientific degree and technical skills of its staff.
- To pursue the edition of its journal and foster the publication of other books and
- To systematize international and national seminars, workshops and scientific sessions.
- To promote academic exchange with similar institutions through joint projects.
- To convoke summer, postgraduate and master courses.
- To uphold consultation, counsel and lectures in other associations and universities.
- To enlarge its public relations.
- Socio-political processes.
- Economic policies.
- Regional security and conflicts.
- The new international framework.
- Crises, conflicts and negotiations.
- Islamic political religious movements.
- Effects of neoliberal globalization.
- US and European policies towards both regions.
- Integration processes.
- Migrations and refugees.
- History of Cuban-African relations.
- Environment and development.
- Women in the regional context.
CEAMO publishes bulletins, papers, research works and books. It also issues the journal
Revista de Africa y Medio Oriente (RAMO) twice a year in English and Spanish, a unique
periodical specialized on those regions in Cuba since its inception in 1983.
With readers in five continents, RAMO basically embraces the work of CEAMO´s researchers,
collaborators and other associates, but also invites contributions from other specialists.
It mainly contains articles dealing with current events along with historical and
international topics and the impact of African and Middle Eastern cultures in the
Americas. For subscription rates and exchange request information at CEAMO´s
CEAMO has a page on Nodo50, a Spanish umbrella organization that includes a wide
variety of entities. The CEAMO page is bilingual at http://www.nodo50.org/ceamo/
Ave. 3ra, Nº 1805, e/ 18 y 20, Miramar, Playa
La Habana, Cuba.
Tel: 22 1222, 22 1890 Fax: (3 57 221222)
- Electronic mail
- acw_AT_afrocubaweb.com [replace _AT_ with @]
[Arts] [Authors] [News]
[Search this site]
Copyright © 1997 AfroCubaWeb, S.A.